Do You Believe in Ghosts? - Part 2

To recap on the ‘ghost story’ so far, you can read Part 1 by clicking here.

***********




So this is the email I wrote to the Dowser who had worked on our house in the past, sorting out considerable geopathic stress issues and identifying and moving on resident spirits:-

‘I know you checked the energies of Spire Hollins House quite recently but I wondered if you could just check them again. Last time I did this myself and they seemed to be ok, but with your experience you will probably be much more accurate. We seem to be having a lot of bad luck at the moment and things seem a little off-kilter in our lives so we were just wondering if anything has altered in the house - or whether it’s something outside these walls!’

With not a word of a lie, as I was waiting to hear from the vet as to Mildred’s blood and urine tests, the following email popped into my inbox:-

‘For Spire Hollins House, the Overall Energy (on a scale of -10 to +10) is +8.3, which is excellent, and exactly what I predicted it would rise to.  There is nothing I can do in that direction. However, I find that there is one Resident Spirit in the house, downstairs in the Kitchen.  This Spirit is harmful and malevolent, and is responsible for the recent misfortunes of the Boden family.  It came in 7 months ago, during the 3rd week of March 2018.  Fortunately, even though its work is not complete, it is ready to be moved on, which I can do remotely from here.’

Now, as you can see - and these are exact copies of the email exchange we had, I promise you - I had not mentioned anything about the kitchen. And in writing this all up now, I remember something which I’d forgotten to say in my previous post: during the same timeline which we have been discussing, I had also noticed that a lot of the electrical equipment in the kitchen was playing up - namely the TV, Wi-Fi and mobile phones (despite everything being brand new from our recently completed building project)…and it is well-known that spirit presences can cause electrical disturbances. 

The telephone call from the vet arrived shortly after receipt of the email. With my heart in my mouth, I waited to hear the results: they were all….normal! In other words, just like the emergency vet, they could find no clinical reason for Mildred’s terrible state. They said she had a fractionally elevated temperature, but that was all they found. They prescribed an anti-inflammatory and special food to help nourish and hydrate her, but beyond that they had no idea what was wrong. 

So I took her home and tried to coax the food into her and administered her medicine over the following few days. Meanwhile the Dowser did his work and moved on the malevolent spirit. He further told me that the spirit was a Parliamentarian called Robert who had died fighting in the English Civil War during a battle at Stanton-in-the-Peak, a place about 20 miles east of us. He was an arrogant young man of some wealth and repute, who had been planning to travel the world before being called up to fight against the Royalists. Being left to die on the battle field added insult to injury, and trauma to anger - hence the spirit’s malevolence, as well as his wish to be healed. The Dowser added that ‘Robert’ had a connection with our house through friends of his who once lived here and had been ‘hanging around’ in the vicinity (traumatised spirits often return to a place where they were happy or was once relevant to them) and came into the house in the third week of March, which was around the Spring Equinox and when we first noticed a change in Lily’s behaviour (see Part 1 of this story). He had been trying to attract my attention through the animals, starting with the one who meant most to me - Lily. But when that failed he moved on to the cats - leaving the ultra-sensitive Mildred a wreck and Tallulah a bully. 

I might add that as I have mentioned in my previous post, Equinoxes are a time when the veil between our reality and other worlds thins, and when there is usually more spirit action or crossover between our worlds. It is also notable that negative emotions such as anger or trauma have a low vibration and feel cold and heavy. Malevolent spirits often ‘hide’ in little visited corners of rooms or buildings. The small area under the stairs in the kitchen where I fed the animals (and where their litter tray is!) was a perfect hideout and it was exactly around here and in this part of the kitchen that the air felt so cold and of course the animals were being especially exposed to this energy every time they used the litter tray, drank their water (which holds energies like no other medium) or were given their food, which explains why they were all affected so badly, but in their own different ways. 

Once the spirit had been moved on by the Dowser, the situation certainly improved and bit by bit Mildred started to eat her food again and that area of the kitchen certainly stopped feeling so noticeably cold. Yet still I was troubled. Things didn’t feel quite right, even now…

So I decided to take things into my own hands and got the name of a trusted Medium from a spiritually minded friend and, with great trepidation, gave her a call. I didn’t start by saying what I was calling about - mainly because I wasn’t sure! I had just felt the need. We chatted a bit about me as I was feeling rather lost and wondering whether I should be continuing to do Reiki healing as I was worried that I was attracting unwanted spirits in the process (I had been using the kitchen to do a lot of Reiki on another spiritual friend of mine over the previous 6 months) - and then, ominously, she suddenly said to me ‘that’s not why you’re calling, is it?’ The insight took me aback but I realised she was right: I was actually calling to see if the angry spirit of ‘Robert’ had actually left the building! 

At which point, I should also add that while I was trying to find a quiet place to have my phone call with the Medium, I decided to go into one of my daughter’s bedrooms which is roughly above the kitchen. I’d noticed how cold it was in there, to the point of me touching the radiator to see if it was on. I sat down at her desk and called the Medium at the allotted time of 11am on my mobile phone. Weirdly, I just couldn’t get a connection. The line just kept dropping despite the fact it was on Wi-Fi assist and there was a router in that very room. I tried various other locations, including outside to get a better signal, all of which failed. I swapped to the landline and that didn’t work either. In the end, I finally got a connection in my studio which is where I do a lot of my spiritual work. It is flooded with light on three sides with views of the garden and also has many crystals in it. It is also where I do my distant healing work and where I research and write, so for all those reasons, I like to think it is a room which harnesses a loving, positive, spiritual atmosphere. 

The Medium went on to say that she could see a huge black aura around our house. She then said that she was ‘coming in’ to it. She talked her way through the rooms and ended up in my daughter’s bedroom (all described by her, not me) and said that ‘Robert’ was in there. She described his exact position - and that was  in the corner where my daughter’s desk is (she was away at university, so the room was quiet and no-one went in there - another good hiding place!). She said he was still very angry (at being found out no doubt!) but that she had very powerful spirit guides and that they would help her to remove him overnight by encouraging him to the Light. (Retrospectively, the inability to make the phone call to the Medium suggested strongly to me that he was trying to sabotage the conversation - and its outcome.)

It was at this moment that I suddenly started crying. An insight came to me which was clear as crystal: ‘Robert’ had come into the house in the first place because he wanted healing too - just like the healing I’d been doing very regularly on my friend in the kitchen. He’d been drawn to the loving, healing energy. He was angry about how and when he died, but more specifically because he’d been left to die in battle - his status and arrogance made him feel furious that he’d been left on a pile of bodies to die like the rest of them. (It is quite common for incarnated souls who have suffered violent or traumatic deaths to get ‘stuck’ in this world, and they often need a little help and encouragement to move on - indeed some such souls who’ve experienced sudden violent death are not even aware that they have died and still inhabit the earth, continuing their daily routines.)

I ventured this insight to the Medium and she thought it made a lot of sense. I asked her if she felt I could do the moving on (it is not always a good idea to mess with angry spirits) but she said yes, she believed I could handle it. So that afternoon, I moved on ‘Robert’ to my satisfaction and went away for the weekend feeling relieved that this was the end of the story. I received a text message the following day from the Medium which read: ‘Hi, I feel he has gone. He wishes to thank u for ur help.’

But that’s not quite where the story ends…

(To be continued…)


__________________

Footnote:-

For more information on the role of Derbyshire as a Parliamentarian stronghold in the English Civil War, please click here and here.

Comments

Popular Posts