My Spiritual Journey - Part 1


From the day we are born I guess we are all on a spiritual journey - though some people get to the end of their lives without realising it…

I have certainly been asking since I was a teenager - ‘what’s it all about?’

That question became more urgent as I travelled through life, searching for answers and never finding them. I bounced from job to job and place to place trying to find my purpose and never really feeling I achieved it. The closest I got was having children. I’d always known I wanted to be a mother, if possible, and feel blessed that, after a dodgy start, that desire was met. I have three wonderful daughters who bring me joy every day. I have adored looking after them, nurturing them, educating them and hopefully bringing them up to be caring and useful members of society. There is no greater privilege in my humble opinion, than of being a mother - whether your children are natural born, adopted or even fostered. It is a job to be taken seriously. So when people ask, ‘what do you do?’,  I tell them. ‘I am a mother. Oh, and I’m also a Reiki Healer.’ 

So where and when did the Reiki come in? Well, I think it’s fair to say that I have been dabbling intellectually with the concept of energy healing for many decades. Then, about 20 years ago, a paternal aunt introduced me to Reiki, as did the aunt of my husband around the same time. Shortly after that we moved north and I had enough on my plate with displacement, depression and three little girls under 4 years old. I briefly searched for either Reiki or Kinesiology courses but didn’t have the time or focus so let the whole thing drop for a while. Until 2016. Such is the serendipity of life that I was finally introduced to a Reiki Master, through a like-minded friend - and we did our training together. She was the perfect teacher in the perfect circumstances. It was worth the 20-year wait. And this was when I found my second purpose in life: healing people through the Life Force energy of Reiki. 

It set me off on a journey of discovery of which I was so very passionate - and still am. You should see the books I have in my library and the magazines and the research on my computer…! I am adding to my knowledge daily - and I bring Reiki into my life daily. Hardly a day goes by when I am not doing Reiki on myself or on someone else (often distance Reiki as it is so easy to administer) or on an animal. A few years ago I added crystals to my healing practice while last year I qualified as a ReikiScience practitioner and I have numerous other courses lined up. It is part of my life, it is a way of life. It will remain like this till the end of my days. 

Even today I went to have a minor procedure in hospital and when they asked what I did and I said (you already know my answer!) - ‘a Mother, and oh, I’m also a Reiki Healer’ - one of the attending nurses piped up with ‘My uncle is a Reiki Master and my mother is a witch! And I have crystals in my pockets’ which she then got out to show me. How wonderful is that? Talk about serendipity. Her mother the witch studied Wicca, but is also a practising Ward Sister in a hospital - so I’m assuming she’s a White Witch! 

But this little story also shows how times they are a-changing - and this is music to my ears… 

My passion, since I started on this journey, is to communicate as far and wide as I can how these ancient healing practises are increasingly being validated by science. It is about Quantum Entanglement, the Double Split Experiment, and all these areas of quantum physics which scientists have been scratching their heads over for decades. But it is also about Love. For Love is what connects us to the Source of all Creation. I do not attach religious terminology on purpose, as this can be divisive. It is simply the energy of Love - the highest vibrational energy that there is. The whitest light. Which is why people who work with the energies of Divine Love are often called Lightworkers. We need as many of them as we can to raise the overall vibrations of Humanity and to help us see that we are all part of the same whole - we are all part of Nature. Nature is within us and around us. The mathematical perfection of Sacred Geometry, the inseparable relationship between Sound, Colour and Number, translating into Music and Harmony, pervades the universe and all creation. It is often described as the ‘architecture of the universe’ and follows the principles of inter-connectedness, and the metaphysical principle of the inseparable relationship of the part to the whole. And we, as humans, are simply a part to the whole. We are not separate from it as our arrogance would suggest. Humility allows us to see clearly that we are not ABOVE anything: we are simply a PART of the WHOLE. 

This realisation, this ‘enlightenment’, this ‘spiritual awakening’, takes our EGO out of the equation and allows us to start exploring our spirituality and releases us from the confines of earth-bound reality, helping us to understand that we are a spirit in a body rather than a body with a spirit. And with that knowledge we can truly start to explore our purpose and our potential, understanding how this current physical incarnation, with all the challenges and experiences it presents, allows us to grow as souls - our soul forming the spiritual essence of our being, and the energetic part that is connected to the greater energetic whole of Creation and the Universe. 

Once this spiritual awakening begins, you will find that you will never feel truly alone again. You will go for walks in Nature and understand that you are amongst friends - you are all part of the greater picture. I used to happily kill a fly or a wasp or some ‘nasty’ flying insect - but these days I have to apologise to the Universe if I kill a mosquito! This is what it means to feel connected. It may sound ridiculous, but if you have reached this point in your own journey, I’m sure you will understand what I’m saying. 

The down side of such an awakening, however, is that you can find yourself on very different wavelengths (literally!) to your fellow humans. This is not always easy. You just have to practise that humility I mentioned and understand that we are all different. We all develop at different times. And some may need to re-incarnate to continue their journey towards enlightenment. Bit by bit, as our soul evolves through numerous incarnations, we will all raise our own vibrations to be better attuned to the vibrations of Source. Only then will true Harmony reign. 


—————


I would love to hear your own stories of Spritiual Awakening. Please feel free to comment or send me an email. 



Comments

Popular Posts