Do You Believe in Ghosts? - Final Part



So when I returned from my four days away (see previous post here), I was fully expecting the house to feel back to ‘normal’. Yet after a few days I sensed that things still weren’t quite right. It was hard to put my finger on what was wrong, but once again it seemed to revolve around the animals. Ever since ‘Robert’ had been moved on to the Light, and supposedly was troubling us no more, we had in fact been coming down in the mornings to a fair old mess in the kitchen: Lily was pooing a lot in multiple places all over the kitchen - big sloppy messy poos - and weeing everywhere as well, even after a day outdoors and being put out at midnight, and certainly completely out of character (and neither did she appear to have any stomach bug or other illness, just this lack of continence). The cat tray was also full of unspeakable offerings, often missing the mark…

Mildred was still being deeply neurotic with a troubled look in her eye, miaowing for attention even more than usual and insisting on sleeping with Lily every night in the dining room which she had never done before. Meanwhile Tallulah was glaring at everyone (especially me) with an angry, ‘don’t you dare come near me’ sort of hard-eyed gaze. Fairly terrifyingly in fact - to the extent that she creeped me out and I didn’t want to let her back into the house most days when she sat outside the glass doors miaowing and giving me the evil eye…

I started reading books about spirit possession and guides to psychic protection and indeed, one night while I was reading such a book in the kitchen, Mildred suddenly let out a sound like a sub-human wail from somewhere out in the hallway. Just that morning I had come down to carnage: excrement up the fridge door (which was hard to explain) and wee and more awful sloppy poo all over the kitchen and dining room, so these two alarming events combined to tip me over the edge. The whole situation was becoming utterly terrifying and other-worldly and I knew it was time to act once more. I couldn’t carry on living like this in scenes which were straight out of a horror movie or The Omen or something. 

I had read enough to understand how to deal with possession. I wondered about speaking to a priest friend to come and help but knew that probably wouldn’t be practical as he lives hours away and is a busy man. So in the end, as with moving ‘Robert’ on, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I had everything I needed: a moonstone encrusted crucifix necklace which I had found in a random shop in Castleton a few years before; cleansing clear quartz crystals, black protective crystals like tourmaline and jet; cleansing herbs like white sage and rosemary; palo santo sticks; candles; salt; as well as my own ability to protect myself with Reiki energy and which is also used to transmute the low energies into a higher vibration. What I had come to understand - and again, came to me as a sudden insight - is that the ‘energy’ of ‘Robert’ was still stuck in the animals. He’d possessed them all during his time with us. I may have moved him on to another spiritual dimension, but I hadn’t thought to cleanse the animals of the residue of his low vibrational energy (of anger, hate, arrogance, resentment etc). 

So the following morning, when the girls had gone to school and my husband had gone to work and the house was empty save me and the animals, I set to work. Gathering everything around me - crystals in pocket, crucifix round my neck, smudge sticks and a candle I went through every room in the house reciting the Lord’s Prayer and Reiki-based/spirit clearing invocations before I turned my attention to the animals. Using my pendulum I went up to each of them and did a powerful healing. Lily and Mildred were accommodating, but Tallulah glared at me with that ‘Don’t you dare’ evil look in her eye: I grabbed her so she couldn’t move and did the healing before she ran off, 

I have to admit to being petrified. I was so scared of getting mixed up more intimately with such low vibrations and of course I’d never done anything like this before so had no real idea of outcomes and repercussions. But I can tell you this: 20 minutes after I performed the ‘exorcism/healing’ on Mildred, she leapt up onto the kitchen surface and started licking water from the kitchen tap, just as she used to do before ‘Robert’ came into our lives and which she hadn't done since. My relief was tangible as I felt this was the proof I needed that a) I had been right with my ‘diagnosis’ of the situation and b) it had actually worked. Lily stopped all the poo and wee nonsense from this day forth, and Tallulah’s gaze returned to the sweetness of an innocent cat thereafter. In other words, they all completely returned to the animals they’d once been.

But the story doesn’t end there!! After the excitement of my day’s work, I was utterly exhausted and went to bed and slept like a log. The following morning, I went to get out of bed but as I stood up I felt this really sharp pain going deep through my right hand side. I lay back down on the bed and had a think about things. It literally felt like the blade of a long knife entering my right hand side just below my ribs and plunging deep into my abdomen towards my groin. I could practically sense the blade twisting if moved even a little. So I got my pendulum out as I lay on the bed and asked questions: Am I ill (no); Will this pain go away (yes); how long will it take to go away? One day? (No); two days? (No); three days? (Yes). So I got up and got on with my life - apart from sending a quick email to the Dowser to ask if he knew how ‘Robert’ had died (and I told him nothing of my pain or why I was asking). I was staggered when his answer came back: ‘Robert’ had died from a bayonet wound! And I also kid you not, over the course of the next 72 hours, the sensation of this knife blade which I could sense every time I moved, slowly but surely became shorter as if I was feeling the blade slowly being pulled out of me. By day three it had gone. The only time the sensation came back briefly was when I was telling a friend my story while standing in my own kitchen just a few days later. There were another couple of fleeting moments like that over the following weeks, but then that was it. No more. 

So there we are. That is my true-life ghost story. My own experience. You may still not believe me, but I am a stable, rational human being and I know what I saw and I know what I experienced. My family saw it too. For months I was terrified of going outside in the dark as darkness was no longer for me just the cover under which living people performed evil deeds - it was also here that the monsters lurked from another realm. I got a much-needed light installed in my porch and hung up horseshoes and avoided going out in the dark as much as I could. I recalled the 1998 film ‘Fallen’ with Denzel Washington where a murderer is executed on Death Row but his evil spirit is not so easily disposed of…it’s a brilliant film and I had just lived my small own version of it in my own home, and it made me realise that you never quite know what’s out there…

Comments

Popular Posts