Spiritual Dowsing with a Pendulum: searching for lost objects or persons


On the afternoon of Friday 7th June, 2024, in the midst of the shocking and desperately sad story of the disappearance of a well-loved and respected British broadcaster on the small Greek Island of Symi, in searing heat, I decided I would see if my pendulum could help glean some details about his disappearance. I already had a bad feeling about it - as I’m sure did so many others. I connected myself to Source, did my Yes/No answer checks, asked the relevant permissions of the Universe and Spirits of Place, and only then posed my first question: is he still alive? The answer came back No. I checked and re-checked and always got the same answer. I then asked if he had been on a cliff path and the answer came back Yes. I then asked if he had fallen and the answer came back Yes. I then asked if he had been near the sea and the answer came back Yes. What I should then have done is gone back onto Google maps (which I had already looked at on satellite to focus my intent on the island and its terrain and his last known movements) and used the pendulum to help me isolate where all this tragedy had happened in an effort to help the search and rescue teams who had been already searching for two days and found nothing, leaving the family and friends in an agonising state of anxiety, limbo and hope. I did not do this mainly because I was already late for an appointment and then busy all over the weekend. More tellingly, I also did not do it because I wasn’t sure what I would do with the information. Tragically, as of 9th June, the body has been found, but 5 days after he was originally reported missing with death seemingly on the day of his disappearance.

I know that professional Dowsers can be been employed to help find missing persons, but as someone who has no proven professional track record in this field, I do not know the appropriate channels in which to pass on such information and I would be terrified of getting it wrong and possibly either raising false hopes or plunging people into false despair. It is a field strewn with mines and I simply don’t know how to negotiate it - though I would love nothing more than to be of positive service in such desperate situations. 

It is well known in dowsing circles that dowsing for lost objects is one of the greatest challenges for Dowsers. It seems to be the field where most inaccuracy can occur. The thing is, the accuracy of the pendulum’s answers, is intrinsically tied up with the accuracy of the questions asked. Any vagueness in your question will create vagueness or inaccuracy in your answer. Questions must be short and specific, a bit like giving instructions to a dog during training. ‘Fido, will you please sit down when I asked you to’ doesn’t really cut the mustard in a doggy brain, whereas a firm ‘Sit!’, does the trick. It is here that intuition also plays a part with your dowsing questions: the Universe, when you’re properly connected to it, guides you with the right questions to ask and you can sometimes go down very deep rabbit holes of information. I try and keep it to simply what is necessary, otherwise it can become a very long-winded and exhausting process. 

I have certainly had as many failures as successes with regard to lost objects or pinpointing water sources. The dowsing process can either be done in situ, so for example, wandering around a house from room to room asking if the mislaid item is in there etc etc, or doing it remotely using maps, roughly drawn floor plans or your mind’s eye if the property or place is familiar to you.  Yet two particularly successful searches were in-situ dowsing to find the exact position of a water leak under the floor of a property which proved to be spot on; and remote dowsing to establish the whereabouts of a mislaid bracelet of value which I narrowed down to a coat pocket in a particular wardrobe - and duly found it there. 

After going through this process I have to admit to feeling quite energetically drained, but it is immensely satisfying when you get it right. 

I use the same process when I am working on energy within houses and establishing where the issues are - including if there are any ‘ghosts’ or spirit presences, also known as Residual Qi (Life Force) energies. As far as I understand it, the term ‘Spiritual Dowsing’ comes from the fact that you are simply tuning in to Universal Wisdom (in scientific fields you would call that the Zero Point Field) and using your pendulum as a device to show you the answers that the Universe offers up.  Again, you can do it in-situ or remotely from floor plans, maps and photographs. Having pinpointed and isolated all the issues through spiritual dowsing methods, I have raised the energies (or so-called ‘healed’ the house) very successfully many times, using my own methodology, with clients reporting instant improvements to how the property feels and how they feel within it.

Now this is not regular dinner party conversation and I know a lot of my friends and even family don’t really understand it and it certainly makes me out to be a bit weird and ‘woo-woo’ in this earthbound, reality-based world. Yet for me and my fellow Dowsers, we have more than enough experience and evidence to know that there are mysterious levels to the Universe, the surface of which we are only just beginning to scratch in a world that since the dawn of the Scientific age is only prepared to accept things which are scientifically provable through due scientific protocols. That is all well and good, but such closed-minded thinking does mean we are shutting down areas of new potential knowledge before we have even started to investigate them. Sometimes a suspension of disbelief is necessary for real discoveries to be made - and we should use our advances in Science to explore the wisdom and beliefs of our forefathers. That perspective, however, is  not widely accepted, so it was another excuse for me not to pursue my searching on Friday afternoon - for fear of mockery. And fear is the greatest barrier to progress…

I’d be interested in your thoughts.

But in the meantime, I must pay my respects to the family of our highly regarded medical broadcaster and the dearly loved father and husband who unexpectedly left this world last week. He will be sorely missed by all who loved him and worked with him over his time on Earth with us. If I had to choose someone to help unravel the science behind Spiritual Dowsing and Energy Medicine, it would have been him, had I ever dared. May he rest in peace now he has been found and his work is done. 

Comments

Popular Posts