The Light and Love of Reiki

 


In my last post I promised that I would bring you photographic proof of the transformative powers of Reiki within the human body. If you can bear to wait, I would instead like to tell you a little tale of something which happened to me recently and how Reiki, and reaching out to the Light and Wisdom of the Universe, brought unexpectedly fast results…

Sometimes the storm rolls in from nowhere and your internal landscape is plunged into darkness in a heartbeat. This happened to me just the other day: one moment I was clear-minded and content, the next I was entombed in a black shroud, all sense of hope and direction in my life suddenly extinguished. I was staring into the darkness, seeing only a future with no worth, no joy, no simple pleasures, no comforts. Nothing left but a dark, deadly dread and the distressing notion of a wasted life…

I snapped at everyone all morning then went out for a walk in the deserted bank holiday streets of west London where I found only more loneliness, bleakness and hopelessness. I broke down in a very public place, all dignity gone, and howled inconsolably till my head throbbed and my ribs hurt, leaving me drained and exhausted and fit for nothing but sleep. 

So sleep I did. A deep, motionless, dreamless sleep. I forced myself to go out for an evening walk on greener ground at the urging of my husband. I had no desire to go, still shattered and swollen from my outpouring. But deep down my instinct was telling me I should force myself to reconnect with the world, take a little exercise and go find a bit of nature, always so good for the soul. I made a huge effort, every step a struggle, but towards the end, after this brief interaction with grass, trees and water, my energy went up a small notch and I was even persuaded to stop for a quick bite to eat at a favourite local restaurant. I didn’t want anyone to see my swollen naked face, but they did. We chatted to the waiter. Social interaction. Small steps. 

I went home and straight to bed, still exhausted. But I made time to give myself Reiki as I drifted off to sleep to release the detrimental energy of the day and my dark emotions and to re-balance and re-align my energetic body. I also set the intentions of reconnecting with my higher self and Source, and bringing my mental, emotional, physical and spiritual bodies back into harmony with myself and the Universe. For good measure, I also asked the Universe to help me out of this big black hole and to offer up solutions to the challenging new elements of my life that I would normally work my way through, but which had, for whatever reason, suddenly tipped me straight over the precipice into the abyss of depression and dysfunction. 

[A short parenthesis to say that I don’t make a habit of making such large requests of the Universe because I feel too small to be heard - but I have to mention the first time that I ever dared to do this, in utter despair and desperation of what I and my life had become, my prayer was answered the very next day. It was hard to fathom at the time. The gift I was given by the Universe was essentially what I had asked for, but proved to be part of another long and difficult journey of my soul, leading ultimately to greater self-knowledge, and which I now understand was exactly the intention of that Higher Wisdom.]

And so in the morning I woke. Still a little battered and bruised, but feeling undeniably more like myself again. The black shroud had lifted as quickly as it had descended. I could see the light once more to help me safely navigate life’s uneven path and the boulders that had so recently been strewn upon it.

Is there a purpose or moral to this tale? For sure. The first is that we are human, and being human means that life is not always easy. Our intellectual development over other creatures has many benefits: like not stepping out of the cave and instantly getting eaten by a sabre tooth tiger! But there is also a downside to this ability to think, analyse and assess: the sabre tooth tiger comes in many forms, and Depression is one of them. It can gobble the unsuspecting victim up in an instant, or it can, cat-like, play with its prey, dancing around you, wearing you down, leaving you weak and vulnerable. Until suddenly it decides to pounce! And you wrestle and you try and outwit it - sometimes you do, but sometimes, tragically, you don’t. 

As I tried to explain in my previous post, The True Meaning of Reiki, Reiki is the highest vibrational energy of Divine Love and Universal Wisdom. It is the purest White Light (which is of course made up of the full spectrum of colours which also represent the 7 main chakra colours). If you allow this Light into your life, you will find that your life will be changed forever. You will always have that extra support system to help get you through the business of being human. Impenetrable darkness can descend unexpectedly on life’s journey - sometimes fleetingly, sometimes for much longer. But the Light that guides us will always return, if we trust and believe in that truth. Reiki helps with that process of trust, I promise you, because it comes from a place of pure Unconditional Love, the same vibrational frequency as the Source of all creation. 

What I can also tell you is that the electro-magnetic vibration of so-called ‘God energy’, such as that of Reiki, is considered to be 963 Hz, also known as the ‘Frequency of the Gods’. This frequency is also commonly referred to as a pineal gland activator. The tiny pineal gland, deeply embedded in the centre of the brain, between its two hemispheres, is in essence an atrophied photoreceptor responsible for producing melatonin, the serotonin-derived hormone that regulates sleep patterns in the body. Given that serotonin plays a part in regulating mood levels, then perhaps that is why Reiki is able to generate a transformative experience in mood, as I myself witnessed the other day and have witnessed with many of my clients too (who often report feeling ‘buzzed’ and in a fabulous mood after a Reiki session, and why so many of them fall into a deep ‘sleep’ during a session).

What’s more, we all know the importance of sleep for maintaining an elevated mood. I am aware that many of you will be reading this and saying - ‘well of course you felt better after a good sleep - the fact you woke up feeling better had nothing to do with Reiki or stupid conversations with the Universe!’ But I would say this: melatonin also controls circadian and seasonal sleep cycles so if Reiki stimulates a stressed pineal gland into healthier function, it will also mean you get a better night’s sleep and that sleep will also restore your body to a state of homeostatic balance. So it’s a win-win! Allow your body to self-heal…which, biologically, is its default position…but kick-start that process with the transformative energy that Reiki brings through. If you are ‘at ease’ energetically then ‘dis-ease’ is less likely to manifest in physical symptoms. Prevention is always better than cure. 

[Interestingly, Rene Descartes, the 17th century french scientist and philosopher, believed the human pineal gland to be the ‘principal seat of the soul’ validating Leonardo Da Vinci’s observation, two centuries earlier, that the site of human experience, and thus his interpretation of the soul, was seated almost exactly where the human pineal gland turns out to be situated. They were both certainly on to something. It seems increasingly clear that the tiny pineal gland has a biological function which goes hand in hand with our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing  - a function which should not be dismissed lightly!]

Finally, I wanted to say that we have definitely entered a moment in human history when science is  starting to be able to validate energy healing modalities by producing instruments which are now capable of measuring the subtle energy of our body and the effects of energy healing on it. The empirically proven results from experiments that mainstream scientists are starting to perform in the field of energy medicine are proving, at long last, that there is far more to energy healing than simply a psychological placebo effect. And that is truly something to celebrate!

With hope and love 🙌 X

__________________


For more information on the function of the Pineal and Thymus glands and the importance of sleep for disease prevention, please click HERE

Comments

Popular Posts